SPX Enterprise Control Systems (ECS) designs and produces a range of programmable jammers (RF Inhibitors) and other specialist equipment for use in the high level military and internal security domains.
As a Lead System Architect, you will play a pivotal role in the development and architecture of new products, aligning your efforts with the vision of our Engineering Director and Chief Technology Officers (CTO). This role is at the intersection of technology and design, where you will transform innovative concepts into tangible products. Your ability to leverage the engineering team’s expertise and explore technology that enhances our company’s roadmap and product portfolio will be crucial to your success.
- Influence the Product Roadmap: Shape our product roadmap through your technical insights and creative ideas.
- Research and Development: Collaborate with Principal/Senior Engineers in the research and development phases of new products.
- Drive New Product Development (NPD): Take the lead in driving NPD processes across the company.
- System Design: Collaborate on system design for new products with other Principal/Senior Engineers.
- Design Management: Oversee the transfer of designs through NPD, Engineering, and into Production engineering when necessary.
- Technical Leadership: Serve as the Technical Lead/Chief Engineer for assigned projects, guiding them to successful completion.
- Documentation: Produce Requirement Specifications and User Requirement Documents, ensuring rigorous requirements management throughout the product lifecycle.
- Design Reviews: Organise and lead Preliminary Design Reviews, Intermediate Design Reviews, and Critical Design Reviews in accordance with company procedures.
- Budget Management: Administer project budgets and provide budgetary information to the Engineering Director/CTO as required.
- Peer Review: Conduct peer reviews of design documentation related to your projects.
- NPD Coordination: Drive NPD by creating work packages and supporting the assignment of tasks to other members of the Engineering team through their Line Manager.
- Resource Management: Manage subcontractors, external design resources, and outsourcing as needed.
- Feasibility Studies: Evaluate the feasibility of new concepts to inform decision-making.
- Technology Innovation: Research, prototype, and implement new technologies to keep us at the forefront of innovation.
- Complete Lower-Level Design: Ensure all aspects of design are meticulously addressed.
- We are seeking candidates with a strong technical background. Ideally, you should have experience in RF or Firmware or Software or Electronics or hardware.
- Experience in the CommTech (ECS & TCI) or an associated sector is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Due to the sensitive nature of our projects, you will be eligible for security clearance.
If you’re ready to be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of technology and innovation, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.