SPX is a diverse team of unique individuals who all make an impact. As a Senior Antenna Systems Engineer, you will actively participate in the development of antenna systems used for spectrum monitoring, direction finding and communications intelligence purposes. This person will apply their strong antenna a development background and knowledge of radio frequency communications systems to meet signal detection, parameter measurement and analysis challenges facing spectrum regulators and intelligence organizations around the globe. An exceptional antenna systems engineer should have a strong Electromagnetics background and apply proven engineering processes for the design, integration, test, and production of custom antenna solutions. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams and support other engineering teams in the integration and execution of complex turnkey projects.
- Develop a deep understanding of TCI’s antenna product line and become a key contributor to architecting and implementing improvements and new features to TCI’s product portfolio
- Design, simulation, development, integration, and test of custom antenna solutions.
- Simulation and prototyping of passive and active antennas using a representative platform to demonstrate/predict performance metrics and verify results are physically reasonable
- Perform OTA and/or systems level verification testing.
- Participates in the development of test plans and procedures for production as well as customer acceptance.
- Supports Sales and Marketing with link analysis and coverage analysis for customer projects and proposals.
- Provide technical support to our product support group by interfacing with customers to deploy new products, solve issues found in the field and to understand potential product improvements.
- Collaborates with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Technical Sales and Marketing in designing turnkey solutions that include multiple radio sites complete with infrastructure and all necessary installations, as well as mobile and transportable stations
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education / Experience:
- Extensive antenna development experience (6+ years) including design, implementation and testing of antennas from 9 kHZ to 60 GHz
- Experience with RF concepts such as impedance matching, linear and aperture antennas, smith chart, power handling metrics (IIP2, IMD), microwave network analysis, RF filter design
- Familiar with antenna prototyping tools and techniques
- Familiar with antenna measurement techniques and tools such as anechoic/reverb chambers, near field EM measurements
- Experience using one of the 3D EM simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, FEKO, SEMCAD, EMPro, TICRA or XFDTD. Additionally experience with thin wire method-of-moments analysis software such as NEC is required.
- Coverage analysis using HTZ Communications tool.
- Ability to write technical product documentation, test plans and procedures, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
Desired Experience or Skills
- RF system and Software Defined Radio (SDR) application and test experience
- Strong familiarity with electronic equipment manufacturing and test methods
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail and a persistent nature demonstrated by an inquisitive approach
- Knowledge and experience in Lean or 5S principles strongly preferred
Education and Experience
- MSEE (or BSEE with extended relevant work experience) with some research/thesis work on RF or antennas. Alternatively M.S. in Physics or electromagnetics.
- 6+ years of research and development experience in the general areas of RF and antennas
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
Thank you for your interest in our company.