The Senior Assembly Technician will be able to assemble all ECS products following assembly instructions, working to the necessary ECS QA standards and following the production process.
Build ECS products and cable assemblies following Assembly Instructions (AI’s), sketches or verbal instructions.
• Build PCB’s by hand using a soldering iron and SMT components.
• Follow the production process ensuring the units you produce are to the required standard set out by the QA inspector.
• May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying device.
• Accept responsibility of a product through assembly and inspection up to the test stage of manufacture.
• Follow the company’s ESD procedures at all times.
• Able to work to IPC-A-610 & IPC-WHMA-A-620 standards
• Liaise with other departments to ensure a successful transition from product prototype to test.
• Identify problems with products and systems during manufacture and report back to the line manager/supervisor and design authority immediately. Examples include identifying where inappropriate components have been used (i.e. wrong rating for the design etc). No changes are to be made without the approval of the design authority.
• Suggest improvements to the assembly processes for products and systems to the line manager/supervisor.
• Assist in taking new designs from Engineering into manufacture. To work with the design authority in building prototypes where necessary.
• Assist with other stages of manufacture to help meet urgent deadlines when required.
• Ensure that products and modules are built in accordance to the documentation to ensure compliance with the DAOS procedures.
• Ensure that all appropriate Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
• Contribute, be involved and actively support the continuous improvement process within every facet of the organisation whilst adhering to the Enterprise Control Systems Quality Management System.
• Correct route card processes must be followed on the Syspro, and any log books registered and competently maintained.
• Manufacture products to the ISO9001 standard as stated in the Quality Management System.
Thank you for your interest in our company.